Table of Contents
The following achievements will unlock by defeating the bosses once.
See “Breaking In”.
See “Breaking In”.
See “Breaking In”.
This achievement was added as an addition to “greeted as Liberators” due to a bug with the Challenge Motes. If you completed the Challenge Mote achievements and bosses prior to this achievement being added, you will have to beat them again to unlock this one.
However, if you’re completing this after the fix, you will earn progress towards this while earning “Greeted as Liberators”.
This will unlock once you beat all 4 bosses on Normal and Challenge Mote difficulty.
Outside of the usual boss mechanics, not much has changed with Cairn. The fight remains the same, however Agony will inflict higher damage, and everyone in the squad will need to activate their special action key when possible. Failure to do so will result in the skill activating automatically.
This can result in players being thrown from the platform, or ending up in a complicated situation.
This boss also has very few changes compared to its original state. The mechanics remain the same, but there will be the active floor tiles. When a tile is active, you will need to stand in the blue glowing tile. Failure to do so will result in a player death.
Each player will be given a random selection of tiles to stand in. There is more than one, some of which will line up with the floor spikes. You may have to dodge in, or out of the spikes to claim your blue tile.
The tiles are shown to each player on the client side. So other players cannot see which tiles may be active for you.
The alternations to this boss come in two forms. One is that the spears that drop down cannot be destroyed. They will vanish over time, so the group has to move between them. The buddy system mechanic is also present from the start of the fight. The player with the large fixations trapped in place, so the secondary player will need to stand on top of them. As soon as the spear drops down, both players will need to dodge out and resume damage on Samarog.
The one major difference with this boss is that the damage requirement goes up. So low damage groups may find this challenge mote more tedious than the others.
As you’d expect, this boss also has several alterations to the mechanics. The general fight is the same, however the tank will hold Deimos in the middle of the map. The player kiting hands will loop around the platform, and the main group will move together between the four chains to kite the goop that spawns.
The group will need to control and kill prides quickly to avoid hurting Saul who’s chained to the middle. The rest of the mechanics during this fight are the same as a normal Deimos run.
Collecting tears should be a priority for anyone who doesn’t have the debuff. For the most part the biggest threat in this fight is stepping in the goop and causing a group wipe. The other is Saul taking excessive damage and dying.
Throughout the bastion there are several collectibles for you to find. They are fairly easy to find, however gaining credit for these items tends to be a little touch and go. You may need to interact with them several times to gain credit.
Found the locket’s owner.
Once you enter death row, look on in the cells up a small rubble pile. There’s a corpse right in front of you at the top. Interact with it to start this small questline.
- Interact with the locket in the second cell to your left.
- Locate and interact with the journal page behind the locket.
- Find and interact with the journal page at the end of the row behind the locket.
- Glide across to the open cell on the other side of the wing to collect another journal page.
- Return to the first corpse and interact with it.
- Examine the broken shovel outside the entrance to Mursaat Overseer.
- Head to the end of death row and interact with a crumpled note in the left cell on your left before the hole in the wall.
- Enter the hole in the wall and follow the passage to the shovel and corpse. Interact with the corpse.
- In the southern passage below The Holding you will find a “Strange Object” in the rubble half way along the passage. Interact with it.
- Head north into the Confessional. Once there, look for escape tunnel entrance. On your left you will find a strange object, interact with it.
- Head back to the Confessional, and climb up some rubble to a wooden platform in the north-east corner of the room. Follow the stairs up to a bookcase and a small safe room. Interact with the strange book on the shelf inside.
Confirmed your suspicions.
Just outside the Recreation Sector, where you found the broken shovel. Next to the shovel you there are two impaled corpse. Interact with the both corpses, starting with the furthest one from the shovel.
- Interact with the Jotun Corpse hanging from the cell just past the Recreation Sector entrance. It will be above your head as you walk past on the left.
- Head towards the Warden’s Office. Just outside the entrance on the right you will find a journal page on the floor. Interact with it.
- Head into the Warden’s Office, then into the south-eastern most corner. Interact with the speared corpse behind all the spikes.
After you’ve completed all the above, head back to the Confessional. Head up the rubble, across the wooden platform and up the stairs. Interact with the open book on the top shelf of the bookcase.